- On your computer, visit Google Calendar.
- If you already have a Google Account, sign in. If you don't have one yet, click Create an account.
- Once you sign in, you'll be taken to Google Calendar.
- To change any of your settings, go to the top right corner and click Settings .
Google Calendar works with current and major previous versions of these browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Automatically get events from Gmail on your calendar
- Share your calendar with others
- Get notifications for upcoming events
Find the calendars you created or which are shared with you.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left side of the page, under "My calendars," there's a list of calendars you created or which were shared with you.
- To show or hide that calendar's events, click the calendar's name.
- To remove a calendar from your list, next to the calendar's name, click Options Hide from list.
Show shared calendars
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, choose which calendars you want to show:
- My calendars: Calendars you own.
- Other calendars in side-by-side day view: Primary calendars of shared people, rooms, or group calendars. Shared calendars must auto-accept invitations.
Getting started with Google Calendar
Google Calendar is a powerful, free service you can use to organize your
schedule and coordinate events with others. It has many useful features,
including the ability to share calendars with others and easily switch what is
currently being displayed. You can access your calendar from any computer or
mobile device as long as you are signed in to your Google account.
How to get to Google Calendar
You'll need to be signed in to your Google account to access Google Calendar. If you don't already have one, you can read more about creating a Google account here.
You can get to Google Calendar by visiting calendar.google.com.
If you're already on another Google page, click the menu button at the
top-right, then click the Calendar icon.
There's also a Google Calendar app available for most mobile devices. The Google
Calendar app is installed by default on most Android devices, and you can download
it from the Play Store. There's also an iOS
version in the App Store.
Navigating Google Calendar
Google Calendar offers a lot of viewing flexibility. The button at the top-right
will change the scope of the current view, showing a single day or week, an
entire month, and other view modes.
At the top-left of the window, the arrow buttons will change the view to
different dates in the past or future. You can also click the mini
calendar to the left of the main calendar to view a specific date. The Today button
will return the calendar view to the current day.
Each item on the calendar is an event.
To create an event, click a blank space on the calendar. A small box will appear
for you to enter basic information on the event. Click the Save button
to finish, or click the More Options button
to enter more details. The only information you need to enter is the title of
the event and the time, but more information can be useful for anyone looking at
In the event form, you can add notifications to
remind you of the event before it starts. These reminders can be notifications
in your browser, or they can be automated emails. This can help you stay on
schedule or give you time to plan travel.
You can modify existing events or view their details by clicking the event on the calendar.
Creating new calendars
You can create separate calendars to help you organize events or share with
specific people. Click the plus sign next to Other
calendars, then click Create new
calendar. This will open a form that's similar to the form for creating
new events, with its own permission and sharing settings. After creating a new
calendar, new events can be assigned to it, and old events can be moved to it.
Sharing and customizing calendars
One of the most powerful features of Google Calendar is the ability to customize
and share them. Move your mouse over a calendar name on the left, then click the
three dots icon beside it to open a menu for this calendar. You can change the
color of events in this calendar in your view, or you can hide it from the
You can share the entire calendar with others by clicking Settings and sharing. This will give you options similar to invitations for events, but it affects the entire calendar you are sharing. Shared calendars can be useful for coordinating many related events with a group of people.